Thursday 14 March 2013

ORIGAMI ASSOCIATES

Origami Associates
main contact: Nauman
Location: Mississauga
Website: http://origamiassociates.com/


My experience:

My partner and I paid this company upwards of $7000. What did we get for this large sum of money?

1) A website that doesn't function
2) A website that doesn't look up to standard. You're better off hiring off elance or odesk.
3) $7000 in the hole and a set back of about a year.

the websites we hired them to build was www.teamshuffle.com. What was delivered is best described through an analogy. Imagine a company pitching you their services for creating an awesome door. You're sold on the image and their friendliness. They then deliver the door and it turns out to be a piece of card board that vaguely looks like the one that was pitched. This is how my experience was with the website.

I had to take down the website due to its lack of functionality and appeal. What they do is they outsource their development to pakistan/india and charge a premium.

I brought this to the attention of Nauman, who was quick to help, but really, he's been trying to "help" for the last 2-3 months. There is nothing to show. The bugs aren't even fixed yet. He's promised me that he'd get back to me about a time line and also that the site would be redeveloped for appearance at no cost, due to the initial shotty workmanship. Well I can tell you this, he didn't follow through. He even tried to get more money from me. I told him no, for obvious reasons.

DO NOT WORK WITH THEM. CONTACT ME FIRST BEFORE IF YOU'D LIKE MORE INFORMATION.


No comments:

Post a Comment